Please be aware that if you ‘TAG‘ St Mel’s, Campsie in photos on your personal Facebook page, the images also appear on an “unofficial” St Mel’s Facebook page.
This “unofficial” page was created by Facebook and is not controlled by St. Mel’s, Campsie. We kindly remind you to take care when uploading photos of any children without parent consent
We are continuing to work on the Parish website, appreciate your patience. Thank You – Parish Priest
Welcome to St. Mel’s, Campsie
St. Mel’s, Campsie parish is a welcoming, supportive community of believers from various walks of life who endeavour to make Christ present in the parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our mission is to know Christ personally and to make St. Mel’s Campsie a place where people can come and pray and feel the presence of Jesus alive, and to minister to each other in the joyful celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments.
Restrictions on church attendance have changed again. The following points are to be observed:
- The NSW government has re-introduced the restrictions on places of worship. All churches will now be subject to one person per 2 square metre rule in line with other venues.
- We are no longer using the online registration for the Mass attendance here at St. Mels. Our COVID marshals will be at the entrance of the church ready to take your contact details. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to be at Church at least 20 minutes before the start of Mass as we are only allowed 120 people in the church.
- Mingling before and after Mass is discouraged.
- Social distancing and strict hygiene are still required. Make sure you sanitise your hands upon entering and leaving the church.
- Given the new limitations, the Archbishop has granted all the faithful a dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass on Sunday.